Friday 3 March 2017

1st Impression l: Malissa k.i.s.s Products

Disclaimer: Products not sponsored and impressions are based on my own experience of using them.

 

Hello there, just thought I'd do a quick first impressions post on two products I've received in my mail recently :) Any further updates on products' performances will be edited here subsequently!

Where to get them - Shopee (SG)
Price: $5.90 (Liquid eyeliner), $6.90 (liquid lipstick)

First impressions of Malissa kiss Super Black Ultra HD Eyeliner
 
Pigmentation: One stroke is all you need. It's so much darker then my clio one tbh. So worth it for its price.

 
Precision: Able to create many versatile looks since the tip is really precise, making it so easy to create both thin and thick lines

Longevity: Takes only 1-2min to dry fully, able to withstand running water without showing any signs of fading. Yet to use on my eyelid for long (will update its wear time again)  

[Edit] 
 
1h after putting on: the winged part of my liner was GONE. My lids were not that oily to begin with but I Did unknowingly rubbed my eyelid. Had really high expectations of the liner because the hand swatch was really great. Reapplied it to check on it again.
 
Final verdict: Didn't work for my eyelid at all, wanna give it a chance so badly since the hand swatch didn't even budge, yet the winged part can easily be wiped away using my fingers. Looks like I'm still on the search for a HG eyeliner. Sighzzz. (So far, the best I've used is k-palette). I'm still going to use this though, I just need to find ways to set it longer or try not to touch it. (Never happens for a clumsy ass like me)


First impression on All Day Matte Lip Colour in 06 Peach please

 
 
 
 

Pigmentation: Dark mauve pink colour, leaning to slight vampy shade on my medium-Tan skin tone. Really pigmented with just one layer of application

 
Applicator: Slightly angled to provide the right angles for application. I do, however, find that the texture of the applicator is slightly rough when I apply the product. 

Longevity: Dries within 2min, lips do not stick when I press them together (no tacky feeling). Absolutely no transfers when I kiss the back of my palm. 

 
 

Comfort: Feels like I've got nothing on my lips. The initial wear (3-5min) I could feel it on my lips but after that, product doesn't feel heavy to me. The only issue I had was that there were some transfers of flakes on my front teeth after the initial application.

Extra swatch comparison to The Balm Meet Matte Hughes in Charming
 
 

As you can tell, both shades rock similar deep mauve tones, with the Malissa kiss one slightly  darker than the balm one. I feel that the Malissa one is cheaper, has more Matte and less tacky finish compared to the balm one. However, the meet matte one definitely fades more beautifully than the Malissa based on the following photos:

Colour doesn't feather out nicely after fading in the inner lip but it's overall colour is still stunning. This is only obvious if I open my mouth and even more on darker lip Colours.

 
Tongue Looks nasty hahaha but well at least this is a clearer pic with flash :)

I will end the first impressions here and update on what I think of them when I have longer wear out of them. 

Thanks for reading lovelies~ :) till next time

Love, G-why

No comments:

Post a Comment